Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Almost but not quite...

There's a familiar combination of sounds in our house. It's the fearful cry of Naomi and two pairs of feet running. I know exactly what is going on, Savannah is on a rampage and Naomi is fleeing for her life. Yes, it's also surprising to me that our sweet Savannah can go on the offensive like that, but it happens.

This morning I heard the familiar noise and the girls met me in the family room. Naomi was truly worried and told me something about Savannah trying to hurt her face. I looked sternly at Savannah and asked her what was going on. With a harsh tone she simply stated, "I'm going to say sorry - MEANLY!"

She then walked over to Naomi and said a quick "sorry" without even a hint of sincerity. Savannah then gave her sister a half-hug that ended with whacking Naomi on the back!

Well, we are half way there.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is funny. Don't you feel like that as an adult though sometimes? I realize I HAVE to say sorry and forgive BUT I don't WANNA......oh to be a kid again...