Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkinland



Today we went to Pumpkinland! Roxanne joined us for the afternoon and the weather was perfect! We found our way through the corn maze, saw bunnies, birds and goats, visited the inflated slides and tramp, played on the playground and found a few pumpkins to bring home.



The kids all picked out a pumpkin, the only requirement was that they had to be able to carry it themselves. That wasn't a problem since the mini-pumpkins were so popular. I don't blame them, after their mean mom turned down every request to buy them at the grocery store how could they resist? Camen considered a very interesting gourd that closely resembled a pumpkin, but it might also have been a mutated-leprous-orange-football. I'm not sure. I am glad he opted for the variegated mini-pumpkin instead, the other one could have deterred potential young visitors. (I really should have gotten a picture.) Here are our final selections...


4 comments:

~ kietra ~ said...

So fun! Yet another thing I love about fall!! Pumpkins! Was the rule about being able to carry a pumpkin yours or pumpkinlands? Either way, great rule!!

Melissa said...

The rule was a product of my own desperation. I was carrying a baby and a camera case (strollers are a bit impractical over Pumpkinland's terrain) and I wasn't about to ask Roxanne to carry three pumpkins.

hOLLIANN said...

How fun! You are brave to head there over UEA! I love all the photos.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

Those are great pictures. You're going to have to give me some tips. Love the pumpkins. Looks like a fun day.