Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mason in Motion

Last night I went shopping. Mason's birthday isn't too far away so I walked through the toy aisle targeted at little people under the age of two and noticed that we already have a lot of those toys. Unfortunately, our soon to be 11-month-old doesn't really care for any of them and the displayed prospects didn't look very promising. I guess he just has different interests.

This morning Mason was busy as usual. With his toys? Of course not.

He would much rather help clear the dishwasher, especially since he recently discovered he can climb up and now reach the top shelf.



Savannah didn't want plain old water with her breakfast so she decided to get a lime from the refrigerator. Mason wasn't going to miss that opportunity.




He likes going through his sister's art supplies. It's past time to find a new home for these.



The pantry is a great place for fun, there's nothing like pulling plastic bags out of the IKEA container.



Mason likes blinds. Last month he broke a slat. :(



Mason repeats all the aforementioned activities two or three times. I'm starting to get anxious for his morning nap and thinking that two hours is a long time to chase this boy around.

I then tried to entice him with a toy while simultaneously documenting his newest word.



It lasted exactly that long (15 seconds).


A few more adventures in the afternoon...



Mason has cut six teeth. His favorite thing to help those sore gums are shoes.


(No photo, as I know Russ find this beyond disgusting.)


While I was helping Naomi with her math, Mason found the forbidden trash can!



Getting in to trouble is pretty funny!



This year for Mason's birthday I think will find something practical that he can enjoy....






or maybe his own clean-never-been-worn...




5 comments:

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I don't know how you do it. I'm tired just reading about your day. He has the cutest laugh.

Nicki said...

Cute post Melissa! He IS a busy baby! All that in one day! Sounds like YOU need a nap too! It was nice seeing you guys last weekend.

~ kietra ~ said...

Sounds like such a typical boy. All I can say is remember to enjoy it because it won't last!! :)

B Flat Major said...

Good for you to have the patience to take pictures of all the naughtiness. I always just want to get the mess taken care of! He looks like Russ's baby pictures, for sure.

Rachel said...

Oh I have literally lived for some of my babies nap time. Oh please pleasae please tell me it is "said" child's naptime. Those photo's are adorable and the one of Mason peeking over the cupboard is a hoot.