Saturday, May 8, 2010

Twins!

I've always wanted twins and last week my wish came true! Not once, but three times over. We watched some of our friend's kids while they took a trip and it was an adventure.

Aren't they darling?

Kate and Mason

They are just three weeks apart - close enough to count as twins. Kate is a sweetheart! She turned two in October and does very well with her large vocabulary. On her first night here I helped her get ready for bed and she said, "You are so nice!" in the cutest little voice ever. The next day we were out shopping at Costco and she randomly declared, "You look nice!" She says "sank you" about 12 times a day, likes when I sing, and takes at least three hour naps. I could keep her forever. Seriously.


Savannah and Nicole

Nicole is very loving and expresses it in so many ways. On Friday, the UPS man came to our door to deliver a package. As I signed the tablet Nicole rushed outside and gave him a warm hug. He looked down and said, "Aren't you a sweet girl!" He seemed to appreciate her sincere gesture and I couldn't help but think that world really would be a better place if we followed Jesus' teaching to become like the little children. (Certainly the UPS people would like their jobs better.)

Naomi and Alexis

Naomi and Alexis are two months apart. They happily played together for hours, only pausing for meals, school and sleep. Alexis is thoughtful and analytical, she's also witty and easy-going. She and Naomi put together their own cookbook with six or seven original recipes. They were so pleased with their creation, that is until one of the two year olds colored on it. (Hint: it wasn't the exceptionally polite one with pigtails.)



The oldest daughter is two years older than Cam so I can't count them as another set of twins. Allison is a mother's dream. She is selfless, considerate, polite and very helpful. (She even likes to bake and cook!) I don't think we could have handled the full house without her.



After four days our friends returned home from their trip and they wanted their beautiful girls back. Sigh. It was fun while it lasted.


7 comments:

Chastina said...

How fun! I love the pics of the "twins;" they look like they had so much fun.

Welcome! said...

PS - When I saw this post come up on my blog I thought you were announcing something :P

Welcome! said...

I'm shooting for that many kids - maybe I'll get twins :) Just kidding. Looks like you guys had a blast! Wish we lived closer to watch each others kids too :) Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day! Love all the pictures!

Rachel said...

You're so good Melissa! What a household! I always thought I wanted twins as well. Then my last two came along.....and have been twins. Mutt and Jeff. What in the world was I thinking? :)

Melissa said...

Nicole- No, we have no plans of making an announcement. :)

Rachel - Lol! What were you thinking?

Jen said...

Wow--amazing! It looks like you handled it all with grace, something I admire about you. I'm glad things went so well!

The United Statements of Merica said...

I just inherited my niece for the week. she's 3 mo. younger than reese (2 yrs. old) and i thought i was going to go crazy, but i'm actually more productive. who knew two is easier than one? (short term anyway:)
I would like to take parenting lessons from the mother of those angellic children.. tell her to write a book.