Wednesday, May 19, 2010

V-o-l-l-e-y-b-a-l-l

I played volleyball again this winter and spring in two different city leagues. It's good exercise, nice to get out of the house during the cold winter months and where else can I compete? This is the second year I've played with this group, most of them anyway, we added Shanna and Annie and lost one player. Their coaching and encouragement has really helped me to improve. (We were all relieved when I finally got my serve down!)

Our first season didn't end well. Our matches were close, but we struggled to finish them with a win. After our final match, and one of our most frustrating losses, we decided to sign up in another league that was about to begin play.


Adjusting to the new league took some time. We missed having referees, score keepers and cramming three courts into one gym was kind of annoying. We played all twelve teams in the league and came up just short of being placed in the upper-division tournament. Lower-division was a bit disappointing, but we liked our chances of winning our remaining games.

We beat our first opponent in the tournament and barely lost to the second. The following week we won our first match and advanced to the championship, which was a rematch with the team we lost to the week before. Because we were coming from behind we had to beat them two out of three sets and then again in a set to 35. We lost our first set, won the second and the third and then beat them 35-18 in our final set.








2010 Champions!



7 comments:

Chastina said...

Congrats! That sounds fun; volleyball is one of my favorite sports. I should look into doing something like that.

nyla said...

Way to go, champ!

PMC said...

you go girl! better get a shelf for that there trophy too! :) so fun!

Rindee said...

Awesome! Congratulations! I love volleyball and play every fall in the Spanish Fork League. The more I get to know you, I find the more we have in common. I think we could be great friends if we spent any time together!

Daryl said...

so, so fun to read about all your everythings! congrats on the volleyball. You're amazing!

Kessler Family said...

Congratulations! Sounds like fun and to get a trophy..woohoo! I'd be excited about that too.

Rachel said...

Yee Haw! I am SO competetive. Way to go. Very cool and awesome and fabulous that you have been able to get out and do something that you enjoy so much.

Very!!! fun to see you today and your kids. I can't believe how they've grown! You, as always, look beautiful.