Saturday, January 31, 2009

Special Day: January


Last year Russ and I started a tradition with our kids. Every month we take turns taking them out individually for a "special day." They love it, we love it and we highly recommend it. The child gets to choose the activity and without fail they like to include some sort of treat in their plan. It's a great way to do activities that won't work for the entire family because of age differences, costs, or lack of interest. We've done things like sporting events, painting pictures in the park, bowling, and long bike rides.

This January it was my turn to have a special day with Camen. He chose to go running on BYU's indoor track. He's in much better shape than I am. After he lapped me, (and laughed at me) I decided that it's time to get back in shape. Afterwards we went to MickeyD's for a grease laden breakfast, and it was good and it felt like the modern American thing to do.

No comments: