Friday, January 9, 2009

Sorry Guys

Savannah and I sat down yesterday afternoon and looked through a Utah Valley magazine. There was an advertisement for prom dresses on the back and she wanted to know when I was going to get a dress like that. I tried to explain that those dresses are for girls in high school and that when she gets older she could go on a date with a boy and wear a pretty dress, pretty earrings and do her hair like the models in the advertisement. I just knew that my three year old, who loves dressing up and reading fairy tales would get excited about a real life ball.


Her response was, "I'm going to be busy."

"Oh," I said, "you're going to be busy?"

"Yes. I'm going to be busy... shopping." Then another pause. "I just want to go shopping."

So there you have it boys. Don't ask this princess, she's not interested.

1 comment:

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I'm going to come borrow her sometime. My girls HATE shopping. Where did I go wrong? :)