Wednesday, September 24, 2008

How 'bout them Cougs!?




When your alma mater is doing well it's a good time to remind the world that you've been a fan for like EVER! It's important to separate oneself from the wishy-washy 'I was a fan when they were in the top 10, but now I'm looking at other options' fans or the 'I have liked them since 2005' fans. No, no, I am not one of those. I was born in Provo, my blood is blue (really!), my first word was 'Unga', I cheered for the Cougars while we had season tickets with the Air Force Falcons, I seethe when I think of Utes, I am one of those believers-even-during-the-Crowton-era-kind-of-fans!

Have you seen the team this year? Do you love it like I do? Can you just see the possibility of repeating 1984? It's an uphill battle, but wow, with a QB like Max Hall and the most incredible offensive line that hasn't allowed a sack all season, future opponents are rightfully worried!

It's not going to be easy, not with the self-favoring BCS (and all it's unfair bias) and not with refs like those in the Pac-10. BYU has it's work cut out for them. Right now the Mountain West Conference has three teams in the top 25, BYU, Utah and TCU. This weekend TCU is going to play #2 Oklahoma, and that could be a huge upset, one every non-BCS fan should be hoping for. I hope TCU humbles them just like Boise State did last year at the Fiesta Bowl (This is one of my all-time favorite football games and yes, it made me cry.)



It's going to be a great season!

5 comments:

Nicki said...

Fun to see your favorite summer happenings. We are coming up this weekend, hope you got the message about the cookout Friday. We'd love to see you guys!

Rachel said...

We're with ya! Hating that we don't have t.v. and have to listen to the games on the radio but then again....we've been listening to the games for years on the radio in the kitchen with all of us around the kitchen table feeding our faces and cheering the Coug's. GO COUG'S!!!

~ kietra ~ said...

GO COUGS!! I hope the BYU/UTAH game makes ESPN because I really want to WATCH some more action!!! BYU is puttin it to em!! Go Cougs!! Rise and Shout, the Cougars are OUT!!!

Teju said...

can we still be friends since I will be starting grad school at the U this summer??

AND...

I went to the last two games and they were so fun! I think I am their lucky charm!

Alisa said...

I'm right there with you. I love the cougs. My dad went to the U and my mom went the the Y. It was always fun growing up watching these games together (when a rare game was broadcasted in Vegas), although we didn't know which team we were supposed to root for. Now, there is no question. With our nephew, Travis Bright, on the team, it's even more fun! Go BLUE!