Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Little Girl That Could



Savannah is one determined little three-year-old. Sometimes this makes me crazy, but I like to think that her stubborn-strong-will is an asset that will help her accomplish many great things. On Saturday she put that tenacious energy to use and hiked the 'Y' all by herself! It may not be much of hike for some, but it's not bad for someone who is only three feet tall and weighs less than thirty pounds!

Naomi and Camen also completed the hike by themselves. Camen raced to the top with his friend Blake and Russ and Naomi stuck together, while I had the pleasure of hiking with Savannah.

It was both amusing and inspiring to watch little legs and feet get her up the steep incline of the mountain. For a stretch she kept repeating, (with enthusiasm) "I'm getting closer, and closer, and closer, and closer, and closer, and closer..." After we reached the top we rested at the very top of the 'Y' and then noticed the trail leading up the rest of the mountain. Savannah was very upset that we weren't going all the way to the top. We couldn't talk her out of it and resorted to our most reliable means of persuasion - we picked her up and started by down the trail. (What are we going to do when our kids get too big to carry?)

Next time I'm faced with a big task I'll think of Savannah's example and enthusiastically remember "I'm getting closer, and closer, and closer, and closer.."

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I am SO impressed! Love the cute pictures too.