Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shelley's Shower


Today we welcomed Shelley into the family. As tradition has it, the formal way to do this is for only women to get together, eat delicious food, and shower the future bride with lots of presents. Three generations gathered to visit and welcome the newest member of our clan. Now that I'm a "mature" woman I think there is so much wisdom in this practice. I enjoy kissing my husband and children goodbye and catching-up with loved ones away from home. (It's not quite the same with regular family gatherings as most of the time is spent "catching-up" with energetic children.)

In preparation for the bridal shower I asked Jayden and Shelley to each send me a list of ten things they most love about each other. It was so sweet! They have so much respect and admiration for each other and the special kind of love that every person hopes to have in their life. Together they are on cloud nine!

For me, Shelley is one of those people that I instantly feel comfortable with and liked her immediately. She is very down to earth and so easy to get along with. Our kids adore her, as do their cousins, and so it's not hard guess who will be the favorite aunt.

The photo includes my sister-in-laws and mother-in-law. (Yes, I know it's challenging to distinguish the youthful looking mother from the sisters, one would never guess she is 50.) (L-R, Becky, Shelley, Daryl, Jen, Me)

No comments: