Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day!


I have fond memories of my mom making a big deal out of Valentine's Day. It wasn't every year, but I love to recall the feelings her special surprises induced. What simple joy to find unexpected tangible emblems of her love for us!

This year I wanted to do the same thing for my family, actually I've been meaning to for the last couple years. I was going to do it by myself but life is busy and I was running behind and had to recruit my amazing husband for some help. We went to work late Friday night and then on Saturday morning our kids woke up to a fabulous snowfall and to this...


And they came running!


Here's a classic expression.


We had raspberry lemon muffins, juice and cheap chocolate for breakfast.



Later that morning Russ took Naomi out for her "special day." They went to Elaine's French Bakery in Orem, which is a must visit for anyone living in Utah County. They took some treats over to Russ' grandparents, built snow chickens and spent some time looking through Grandpa's amazing museum. I love that Russ got a picture of Naomi hugging her great-grandmother. She gives the warmest hugs ever!



After Mason's nap we took advantage of the fresh powder and went sledding.


And it was lovely.

1 comment:

Chastina said...

What a fun Valentines Day!